To Find Where Ancestors Migrated From GA to LA……..
Challenge: To find where my Ancestors Ben Robertson/Robinson & Mandy Bryan(t) were born in GA. Ben was born abt 1844 and Mandy was born abt 1850
Others: Possible Slaveowners Surnames are Hodges and Bryan
Years: 1840 to 1865
Tribe(s): Georgia & Louisiana/Bossier & Webster Parish
- Where was Ben and Mandy born in GA
- What is the connection between Ben & Mandy to the Hodges
- Was there a Bryan connection set up in LA already before the Migration
- Did Ben and Mandy have the same Slaveowner or were they owned separately
- What was the name of the Plantation or Farm that my Ancestors worked and lived on in LA and in GA.
- Haynesville, Houston County, GA
- Twiggs County, GA
What to look at:
- The Land Lottery that opened in GA which allowed people to buy Land in LA.
- Land Purchased by the Hodges and the Bryan Family
- To find Wills, Estate, Tax Records, etc…. for the Hodges or Bryans
Next Step: Where else should I be looking or What am I missing?
As I researched and looked at each year in the census Ben & Mandy’s place of birth never changed. They knew for sure that they were born in GA. My goal is to find out where and to put the pieces to their story together. 2014 is an excellent goal and I plan to make it.